The process for creating a blog was easy. Blogger makes it simple and within only a few clicks the new blog is live. I've created blogs in other classes before, and the most difficult part for me every time is choosing a name!
I'm excited to take this course. Although I'm taking it as an elective, it sounds like the material we are going to cover is really interesting! I'm looking forward to learning about the various processes and stories behind famous works, as well as delving deeper into the world of art. I have always been interested in art and learning more about it, luckily I found this class at the last second because I graduate at the end of this semester.
I have to admit, at first I was a little apprehensive about taking an online course. I ended up taking two this semester! The closest I've come to taking one was a hybrid - half online, half lecture. I was nervous because I'm aware that they are quite different than traditional classes. There is a lot more work and more independence. Considering that this is my final semester at Buffalo State, I'm glad that I took the leap and did it because I know that in the "real world" there will be times where all of the workload is on me. I believe that taking at least one online class will adequately prepare me for scenarios where I need to be independent.
Both videos were very good and I found several things that applied to me. First, I feel the same way as those students in the first video, like Buffalo State is exactly where I fit in compared to other colleges. When I first transferred from Villa Maria, I didn't feel that way. It took me until my junior year to figure out what I wanted to do and that, in fact, Buffalo State was where I wanted to be.
The second thing that applies to me from that I possess a "Growth Mindset". when it comes to learning outside of school, I tend to prefer to teach myself and do research on my own. I am constantly trying to expand my knowledge of everything that I am into. For example, I'm really into music. I am always researching the history of an artist, or watching a documentary, etc. If I'm not researching music, I'm trying to teach myself new graphic design methods or figuring out settings and features in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, the two primary programs I use for design. Of course, I take breaks from learning but my overall philosophy is to never stop or become stagnant.
Lastly, when John Legend talks about not giving up on dreams, that stuck out to me for multiple reasons. I've been making music since I was 10 years old. I've encountered many people that told me I'd never make it anywhere with music over the years. Fast forward to now, at the age of 26, I've accomplished things that I never even thought I would. I've shared the stage with an incredible array of artists that I grew up listening to including Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Three 6 Mafia, and Tech N9ne, plus I got to meet most of the artists I've opened for. I've also become the lead graphic designer as well as artist on a record label whose members have become like family to me. I have never gained an "ego" from any opportunity I've had, I've only used them to motivate myself and others. In addition to my success with music, I knew one day that I would graduate college. I dropped out of college three times over the course of seven years. I had my low points and lost confidence, but never totally gave up. Had I not dropped out, though, I would have never been blessed with the opportunities in music or gained the experience that I did so I don't regret it for a second.
I'm excited to take this course. Although I'm taking it as an elective, it sounds like the material we are going to cover is really interesting! I'm looking forward to learning about the various processes and stories behind famous works, as well as delving deeper into the world of art. I have always been interested in art and learning more about it, luckily I found this class at the last second because I graduate at the end of this semester.
I have to admit, at first I was a little apprehensive about taking an online course. I ended up taking two this semester! The closest I've come to taking one was a hybrid - half online, half lecture. I was nervous because I'm aware that they are quite different than traditional classes. There is a lot more work and more independence. Considering that this is my final semester at Buffalo State, I'm glad that I took the leap and did it because I know that in the "real world" there will be times where all of the workload is on me. I believe that taking at least one online class will adequately prepare me for scenarios where I need to be independent.
Both videos were very good and I found several things that applied to me. First, I feel the same way as those students in the first video, like Buffalo State is exactly where I fit in compared to other colleges. When I first transferred from Villa Maria, I didn't feel that way. It took me until my junior year to figure out what I wanted to do and that, in fact, Buffalo State was where I wanted to be.
The second thing that applies to me from that I possess a "Growth Mindset". when it comes to learning outside of school, I tend to prefer to teach myself and do research on my own. I am constantly trying to expand my knowledge of everything that I am into. For example, I'm really into music. I am always researching the history of an artist, or watching a documentary, etc. If I'm not researching music, I'm trying to teach myself new graphic design methods or figuring out settings and features in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, the two primary programs I use for design. Of course, I take breaks from learning but my overall philosophy is to never stop or become stagnant.
Lastly, when John Legend talks about not giving up on dreams, that stuck out to me for multiple reasons. I've been making music since I was 10 years old. I've encountered many people that told me I'd never make it anywhere with music over the years. Fast forward to now, at the age of 26, I've accomplished things that I never even thought I would. I've shared the stage with an incredible array of artists that I grew up listening to including Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Three 6 Mafia, and Tech N9ne, plus I got to meet most of the artists I've opened for. I've also become the lead graphic designer as well as artist on a record label whose members have become like family to me. I have never gained an "ego" from any opportunity I've had, I've only used them to motivate myself and others. In addition to my success with music, I knew one day that I would graduate college. I dropped out of college three times over the course of seven years. I had my low points and lost confidence, but never totally gave up. Had I not dropped out, though, I would have never been blessed with the opportunities in music or gained the experience that I did so I don't regret it for a second.
Comments
Post a Comment