Skip to main content

Peer Blog Reviews

Blog #1: https://godfourbid.blogspot.com/

I did not agree with a majority of the interpretations of the elements & principles. However, he acknowledged the fact that each item pictured had some sort of personal significance so I might just be missing the point for them. The images themselves were very well photographed. For the gallery visit, we did not visit the same gallery therefore our images were not the same. I liked their selection of images though, especially the "The Opposition". I would like to look more into the image and the story behind it. Considering it represents political disarray, I'd like to find out more about the meaning and why the artist portrayed the artist they way that he did.



Blog #2:  https://drypaints.blogspot.com

I agreed with her choices for the elements & principles. I appreciated the nature theme, because a majority of the subjects were organic as opposed to the artist setting them up. In addition, each photograph looked very professional. Our images were not the same, but hers were a lot more abstract than mine. I liked all of them, but the one that stuck out to me the most was "The Flying Fish". Riley mentions that it is very confusing, and I felt the same way when analyzing it. The message was unclear and I would like to learn more about it.


I found the reflections valuable because it shows how many different ways one project or theme can be interpreted. It was interesting to see how each artist represented the elements & principles, and to learn how they felt about each work in the galleries. I also found the comments on my own blog to be helpful because there were some images in the E&P project that I wasn't sure about. It was reassuring to read that I did them correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photos

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/barbams01/slideshow/ The process to create the slideshow was relatively painless and fun. To choose what to photograph, I walked around campus as well as my house. Deciding what to pick for each was kind of challenging because I had to think outside of the box. First I went with objects in my house that were coincidentally arranged, such as the knives and the two tea containers. Eventually, though, I had to start arranging objects. I stumbled across the two Jack Skellington figures and put them side by side because of their size difference. They are not exactly the same, but similar enough. Other objects, such as the ball in the middle of the ground, were easy to figure out how to incorporate into the slideshow. For the ball, I just set it on my garage floor and zoomed out to give it the appearance of a small object in a big space. I found the green coins to demonstrate shape. At first, I used the cylindrical light to represent shape, but decided a...

Mod 9

The first video, "Albrecht Durer: Image of A Master", I chose on a whim because I wasn't familiar with his name or his work. Velasquez sounded vaguely familiar so I wanted to learn more about him. For the first video, I wasn't familiar with the name or his work so I wanted to learn about someone new. However, I found out that I actually was familiar with Durer's work when the video explored it more. Notably, his rendering of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I saw it recently in a film "Horsemen" on Netflix. The film revolves around a cop that has to investigate a murder that is based on the portrait (Great movie by the way!). Besides that, Durer's process of stripping down works into shapes reminded me of the golden mean in graphic design. Every "good" design is based off of a conch shell, and the self-portrait of Durer holding the plant could be stripped down to only a few circles and triangles. I found it interesting that Velasque...

Masks

Final  Sketches 1 Sketches 2 Inspiration 1: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cd/71/40/cd71400be5adae9d73dc17957d477603--mens-masquerade-mask-halloween-masquerade.jpg Inspiration 2: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/c2/d1/59c2d1cf1c2288f1a80f3a6a843baf74--venetian-masquerade-masks-masquerade-ball.jpg Inspiration 3: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/67/a5/8267a5cc865dcc351eeec9bbd938d899.jpg 1) I chose this mask because of its split design. I wanted to create a two-tone mask with two distinct sides. 2) I chose this mask because of its ornate detail. Art and music are my two favorite cultures so I wanted to unify them in my design, mainly by directly including music notes in the final product. 3) I chose this mask as a possible inspiration because of  its shape. I wanted to include theater in the final product so I was debating whether or not to make a half mask. In the end, I still included it in the final product because of the eye shape. For the mask,...